PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR THE STARFISH CREATIVE DESIGN LTD (‘Starfish’)
You have the right to unsubscribe from our database by selecting the unsubscribe option at the bottom of any of our communications or by contacting email@example.com. You also have the right to request a copy, update or deletion of your personal Data from Starfish.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or 023 9242 8176, or write to us at:
Starfish Creative Design Ltd
The Clock Tower, Great Southsea Street, Southsea, Hants PO5 3BY
Starfish collects personal information when you:
Visit the Website
- We collect information when you complete surveys and forms on our website
- We track cookies, IP address
Opt-in to receive email communications from Starfish
- When you sign up to our mailing list we collect your name, title, organisation, job title, email, areas of interest.
You have the right to unsubscribe from receiving Starfish communications at any time. You also have the right to request a copy, update or deletion of your personal Data. You can do this by contacting Starfish at email@example.com.
Engage with us on our social media channels
- We collect publicly available information across our Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter to monitor engagement and identify potential leads.
Newsletters and occasional mailings are made by Starfish to those who have given their prior consent to it. If you do not wish to continue to receive such mailings or would like to subscribe to them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection and Privacy
The personal information that you provide (“the Information”) to us is collected for the purpose of:
- Providing you with news about Starfish
- Informing you of Starfish services and offers
- Tracking online engagement, improve users’ online experience and communications, and identify leads
- Your details are securely stored on our email and contacts database. By providing your personal details are consenting to the use of those details for the purposes above.
We collect personal information under the following lawful bases:
- For the purpose of providing you with information about our services and products
- Sharing and promoting our news
- Marketing purposes (Legitimate Interest – Business to Business Marketing)
- Customer experience; monitoring usage and improving services according to engagement (Legitimate Interest – service improvement)
Third Party Suppliers
Starfish works with a number of trusted partners and third party processors who supply products and services on our behalf. These will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order provide a service on our behalf. You can view our third party suppliers GDPR policy at their websites.
IT and Marketing Companies
We work with businesses that support our websites and other business systems.
All data collected will be held within the European Union and the European Economic Area or other territory complying with the legal and technical guidelines laid down for handling data by the European Union and will only be used for the specific purpose for which it was sought and to which you consented.
You are entitled to request the following from Starfish, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact us email@example.com
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
- We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the Data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
Please notify Starfish immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Starfish Creative Design Ltd, The Clock Tower, Great Southsea Street, Southsea, Hants, PO5 3BY if any of your details alter or are incorrect or if you wish to enquire what information we are holding on you. If you wish us to amend or erase any part of the information relating to you, we will do so, subject to compliance with any statutory requirements.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.